👋🏻 Hi! I’m Brooke I have Hashimoto’s & lupus disease

Hello friends!
When I was younger, I wanted to be a professional dancer and was very good at dancing. I had a few scholarships under my belt. I was going to a dance academy school for high school under a scholarship. I was also dance captain over my team at my dance studio. So Dance was my 24 seven life and I loved it! I was very fit, active & lived in overall healthy lifestyle. Until I was about 15 or 16 years old I couldn’t keep up my body was aching and I was having issues I never had before. It got so bad that I eventually I just couldn’t keep up and I ended up losing all my scholarships. Years down the line I was diagnosed with lupus and Hashimoto’s. These have significantly changed my life. I was born naturally flexible & can move which ever way I’d like. Then the next day wouldn’t be able to bend my legs enough to sit crisscross on the floor. This of course was extremely difficult to even wrap my head around. I am currently a hairstylist and I specialize in brides hair and make up. There are still days I cannot get out of bed. But I do have to say having a job I absolutely love definitely makes it a lot easier to get up every day and live life.

1 Like

Hi Brooke!

Nice to to meet you! I’m a lupus patient as well. I’m so glad to hear how you’ve embraced the diagnosis. Keep fighting and continue carrying your positive outlook. :smiley:

1 Like